Friday, August 10, 2007

EDINBURGH REPORT

Well, i've had an interesting couple of days. Was supposed to meet a couple of friends from home in Edinburgh, but unfortunately, they missed their flight, so i was left to my own devices.

Spent a lot of it just wandering the city, NOT going to any shows, cuz i was on my own and would have felt ridiculously awkward going to shows on my own. Everyone there seemed to know what they were doing, and i was walking around like the awkward, difficult eejit i am. I did see one show, mind, but i knew the fella performing it, so it was okay. It was Kev F Sutherland's show, The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre, and it was very funny. If you're at the fringe, definitely go see it. Popped out with Kev afterwards also, so big shout out to him for lettin me tag along, and a huge shout out to illustrator Andy Hepworth, who was kind enough to give me a place to stay when i was really stuck. Thanks again Andy!

I also got to go for some drinks with some good folk i'd met at comic conventions and proceeded to talk comics all night, which was just fine by me! I'd done some sketches for them at cons before, so this time, they returned the favour! Check them out...











































Also, just found this today. Established writing duo Leah Moore and John Reppion, writers of Albion and Raise the Dead mentioned Your Round on their blog, just click here and scroll down a bit. They say "Drunken pub stories in comic book form is really a genius concept." Well, who am i to argue with them......? Thanks guys!

Dec

2 comments:

Alan (with one L) said...

Glad you had a good time but now I remember why you do the drawning and I don't...

Anyway, Bob and I are now signed up for Brum so we'll see ya there.

Declan Shalvey said...

Ah, great stuff Alan, i'll see ye both there so!

I still think Bob's Dr. Strange is really good by the way.